Conference and Events Manager (Full Time)
Moms Meet is looking for an experienced Conference and Events Manager to oversee and organize events that will make an impact to our target audiences across the United States and Canada. This highly visible role will serve as the lead for all events for Moms Meet, WOW Events and KIWI magazine and play a critical part in the growth and success of the company’s vision. The ideal candidate will have experience leading live events as well as online events. The candidate will be highly creative and driven, with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines while paying close attention to details.
About our events: The annual Moms Meet WOW Summit is a powerful two-day annual event that brings together hundreds of moms, mom bloggers, and influencers committed to leading a healthy lifestyle. WOW Influencer events are held several times a year and are focused on providing networking opportunities between influencers and brands. To learn more about our events, visit wowevents.momsmeet.com or to learn about the company, visit maymediagroup.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership for all events and work closely with internal resources to launch and host multiple events each year.
- Responsible for running successful events that meet or exceed event attendance, sponsorship and revenue goals.
- Obtain venue and vendor options for all events and handle all negotiations for event contracts.
- Oversee all details of events including speaker coordination, ordering food and beverage; managing supplies and audiovisual equipment, making travel arrangements, ordering event signage and materials, managing event staff and lead all on-site event activities.
- Create content and programming for health, wellness and parent audiences.
- Participate in sourcing speakers and deciding on session topics, as well as developing overall event agenda.
- Serve as the liaison with vendors and sponsors on event related matters.
- Onboard and manage all sponsors for each event to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Analyze the event’s success based on attendance, attendee feedback, and other data; prepare reports for leadership, teams and event staff.
- Maintain an annual events calendar and events timelines.
- Work with the production team on all events-related graphics and web design work.
- Develop and implement event promotion and outreach plans.
- Lead all event promotion activities via all available channels (Influencer outreach, Email marketing, Social Media, Facebook Live events, and more.)
- Work with external PR agencies for event promotion and media coverage.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Develop partnerships with other like-minded organizations and other partners to increase event exposure and promotion.
- Prepare budgets, keep track of event expenses, and provide consistent progress reports.
- Work closely with the sales team to provide information and support for sponsorship sales.
- Actively participate in sales support activities, such as sending Emails and attending industry trade shows.
- Cover external events and conferences on evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in meeting/event planning.
- Ability to travel 8-10 times per year.
- A team player with proven ability to work in a highly deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities.
- A highly organized individual with the ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time while always checking for accuracy and correctness.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with dynamic teams.
- Result-oriented person who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to innovate.
- Someone who is able to positively receive feedback to improve performance.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Office.
- Comfortable with using various web applications and technology for project management, Email marketing, surveys and more.
- Experience booking events (conferences/banquets) at hotels.
- Ability to manage a team & directly supervising others preferred.
- Experience working with media, bloggers and social media influencers preferred.
- Comfortable with public speaking or speaking on-camera preferred.
- Experience with Social Media marketing and/or Video marketing preferred.